I debated opening with some joke about how the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated, but I think Mark Twain would personally return from the grave and smack me upside the head for that.
Life’s been busy, but here’s an update:
- I’m getting married next month! In case you were wondering why I hadn’t posted in a while.
- Alana Abbott was kind enough to include me in a group interview of urban fantasists on Flames Rising. The subject: Vampires! Check here for my thoughts on why Dexter is the best vampire currently running, as well as a list of underrated pain-in-the-butt vampire weaknesses. The other panelists have some great answers, too – I haven’t seen Barnabas Collins name-checked in a while, and kudos to Jeri Smith-Ready, whose first exposure to vamps was Love at First Bite. Awesome film. Dracula gets kicked out of castle by Transylvanian gymnastics team, comes to New York City!
- By vote, the most feared vampire power is mind control, either tied with or slightly ahead of immortality. Good choices.
- The new book continues apace. I’m a little over 2/3 of the way through, and the story is about to start Getting Real. Or, as real as you can possibly get in a story about the California Power Crisis with zombies — which is pretty real actually.
- Another project I’m involved with just gained (1) new artist! More here as this develops.
- The Pandorica opened. You need to see it. Matt Smith wins acting forever.
More on all this in the coming days!