I continue to be Everywhere on the Internet. In case you missed it—
I did a swing of articles on ThinkProgress last week which were a lot of fun!
- Everything Pop Culture Taught You About Genghis Khan is Wrong. Much as I hate to argue with Bill and Ted…
- The cinema audience is learning the language of superheroes, and that’s awesome.
- The Story of Loki and Slepnir, or why mpeg fanfiction is doing a good job of Loki characterization really. (Note to my parents: if you don’t know what mpreg fanfiction is, do not look it up.)
- The Resurrection of Indiana Jones, in which I talk about why there’s no better audience for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade than a room full of Chinese highschoolers.
In the non-ThinkProgress universe, here are a couple more posts:
- Building an Analogue World, or: writing fantasy novels if you don’t live in a castle, on All Things UF
- Mosaic Worldbuilding, in which I talk about the power of perspective in writing—because not everyone’s the good guy, but most people think they are.
More of a recap on the Enigma Signing tomorrow—oh, and, cool new thing! If you’re in the Wellesley area, you can come see me at their Fresh Voices Author Night this Thursday, Nov. 14!