We had a great time at the book launch Tuesday!
Plenty of volumes sold, and great questions asked, including “Will you show the rural side of the coin in these books?” (Yes) and “What creatures won’t we see in the Craft Sequence?” (Elves.)
I’ve been hosted liberally around the internet in the last few days, too! Consider the following essays a peek behind the curtain. You may never recover!
- My post on John Scalzi’s blog, Whatever, concerning the Big Idea of the Craft Sequence and Two Serpents Rise.
- Mary Robinette Kowal leant me her blog to talk about My Favorite Bit of Two Serpents Rise, and the value of friendship in fantasy.
- Alyssa Rosenberg interviewed me about Two Serpents Rise, economics, and manic pixie dream girls.
- Over on Fantasy Book Critic, I talk about how to build worlds that are full of stuff without permitting them to collapse under their own weight.
- Also, on SF Signal, I talk about how You Got Your Fantasy in my Science Fiction! Wait, no, You Got Your Science Fiction in my Fantasy!
- And on the Mind of the Geek, I channeled a little DFW to discuss impostor syndrome and cosplay.
For the next week, I’m also guestblogging over at ThinkProgress! So far my posts have included:
- A discussion of why the Addamses are the model American family.
- A post proclaiming Vaughn/Staples’ Saga to be the first space opera about nonviolence.
Because when life hands you a platform, why not use it to promote work you love?