Thank You! The Craft Sequence is a Hugo Award Finalist!

I am amazed. Agog. Thrilled.

My weird law wizard religion justice books are finalists for the first ever Hugo Award for Best Series. The Craft Sequence has, thanks to your sharing it, reading it, shouting about it, gaming in it, drawing fan art of it, and shoving it in the hands of your friends and relations, been nominated for a Hugo. Thank you all. I wouldn’t be here without your efforts, your joy, your enthusiasm. Books are hard to write—there are so many chances to doubt yourself, alone with your keyboard. But every time I heard from someone excited about this world and these characters, I remembered that I don’t write because I have some twisted need to sit alone at a keyboard (though I do, often). I write because I like telling stories, and having them read.

I’m writing this on the road in Ottawa, where I have the singular joy of participating in this moment alongside my good friend the fantastic writer and poet Amal El-Mohtar, who it turns out is also nominated for the 2017 Hugo Awards—in this case for Best Short Story Hugo for her (really really great) tale “Seasons of Glass and Iron,” which you can read here. (Or in the Starlit Wood anthology.) This is an utter coincidence! I’d been planning a trip up north for months, I’m reading tonight at the Chi Series, I’m talking to a class on Wednesday… and it turns out that somewhere in this mix we have a lot of celebrating to do.

Thank you all! Your support means so much. I first found out about the Hugo Award from a Roger Zelazny paperback—the book that really hooked me on science fiction and fantasy as a literary genre. My sense of the award and what it meant developed with my sense of science fiction and what it could do, and vice versa. It’s wild and wonderful and strange to come tangent to it in this way.

If your friends are wondering what all the fuss is about, well, Tor has a convenient electronic omnibus edition of the Sequence for them to try!

But for now, take it easy. Enjoy the moment. We’ve all earned it.

12 Responses to “Thank You! The Craft Sequence is a Hugo Award Finalist!”

1. Scott Caplan

Congrats!

2. Anurag Sahay

Congratulations!

3. Danny Miller

Yes! Fantastic news. Well deserved.

4. joannab

Hello and welcome to my blog . I’m Ahelly House.
    I have always dreamed of being a novelist but never dreamed I’d make a career of it. In college, though, I aided a fellow student who needed help. She could not stop telling me how well I had done. Word got around and someone asked me for to write their paper just a week later. This time they would pay me for my work.
    During the summer, I started doing research paper writing for students at the local college. It helped me have fun that summer and even funded some of my college tuition. Today, I still offer my research paper writing to students.

Professional Writer – Ahelly House – https://www.lionjobnorth.com/ – Lionjobnorth Confederation

5. evamccarthy

Hi everyone , I’m Eva.
    Welcome to my homepage . I started writing in middle school after a creative writing assignment for my English teacher. I did creative writing for almost a year before I thought about doing something else.
    I had always loved doing research assignments because I’m passionate about learning. When you combine writing skill with a love of learning, dissertation writing only makes sense as a job.
    I’m passionate about helping the students of the future in their school career. When they don’t have time for their paper , I am there to help.

Eva – Professional Academic Writer – http://www.academic-plus.com Band

6. kelsie

Hi, my name is Kelsie Davenport!

I`m a professional writer and I`m going to change your lifes onсe and for all
    Writing has been my passion for a long time and now I can`t imagine my life without it.
    Most of my books were sold throughout Canada, USA, China and even India. Also I`m working with services that help people to save their nerves.
    People ask me “Sir, Kelsie, I need your professional help” and I always accept the request, `cause I know, that only I can solve all their problems!

Professional Academic Writer – Kelsie Davenport – supportthedandelionschool.com Company

7. philip

Hi Everybody
    Thanks for checking out my writing blog . My name is Philip.
    I have worked several years in this niche. My aptitude for writing started at a young age. I wrote journaled as a child and eventually went on to work with my school newspaper.
    This early tryst into news reporting eventually led me to academic writing. There is plenty of work for qualified writers. I specialize in research papers , but have the skills to do all types of academic writing.
    Email me for more information about rates and a price quote. I’m looking forward to helping you.

Academic Writer – Philip – iowafoodsystemscouncil.orgCompany

8. Jes Smule

Excellent author, one of the best! – Max Gladstone is an American fantasy author. He is best known for his 2012 debut novel Three Parts Dead, which is part of the Craft Sequence, and his urban fantasy serial Bookburners. More books to follow from Max Gladstone. https://www.mathgoodies.com/

9. John

You definitely deserve it! Hoping that you’ll nait it again the next time.

10. Alicia

I know you’ll have another one the next time. Make us proud always!