Do you want to be a skeletal law wizard? Of course you do. Who doesn’t? Well, today your wish comes true.
I’ve written a choose-your-own-path type game set in the world of the Craft Sequence. As a junior associate in the international necromantic firm of Varkath Nebuchadnezzar Stone, you may:
- Explore a fantasy realm with a rich and evolving backstory, based my novels Three Parts Dead and Two Serpents Rise.
- Play as male or female, gay or straight, dead or alive (or both).
- Build your career on carefully reasoned contracts, or party all night with the skeletal partners at your firm.
- Navigate intrigue and mystery in a world of scheming magicians and devious monsters.
- Depose gods! Battle demons! Raise the dead! Catch falling stars! Get with child a mandrake root!
- Okay, no actual mandrake roots in the game. Sorry, Donne / DWJ fans. But still!
- Look for love in at least some of the right places.
- Balance student loans, sleep, daily commute, rent payments, and demonic litigation—hey, nobody said being a wizard was always fun.
The game is out TODAY for iOS and Android, as well as in-browser. It’s $2.99 for the full game; on Android or in-Browser you get to try the first bit of the game for free! I had a lot of fun making Choice of the Deathless. It shows a ton of new facets of the Craft Sequence world, including the actual inner workings of necromantic firms, what’s the deal with demons, and the disturbing luxury of travel-by-dragon.
What are you waiting for? Check it out!